Friday, November 13, 2009

Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

I have been perming my hair for a while now but out of no where, my hair has started breaking and splitting like crazy.( I have long hair) My hairdresser has relocated and I do not really know who I should ask to do my hair because all my friends have braids or weave.Anyway, should i get a braided in weave? Will it make it worse? Does anyone know how to eliminate breakage/splitting ends?Can anyone share a good/bad "weave experience"? Because school is about to start and I would like to have a nice hairstyle. Thanks.



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

first, cut your spit ends. once your ends are damaged or split, there is no repairing them. if you don't cut them, the split will get worse and damage your whole head.



i had that problem a few years ago, so i wore braids for a few months and my hair grew back healthy and thick. braids and other low-maintanence styles are good because they allow your hair to breathe and it doesn't get damaged from everyday wear and tear. just keep it moisturized and you'll be good!



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

wait ... did she really say "colored people hair"? Report It



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

Hate to say this but you might have to cut it really short. I have never worn braids, but I have been told by my stylist that it can make hair breakage worse because it tugs on your hair. In the past, I have had to cut mine off (not too short but shorter than it was) and let it heal. It's a good idea to wrap it at night.



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

Im not black but I have a solution that might work. There is a new line in Pantene that are specially made for skin colored people hair. It helps manage and control the frizz! You will be frizz free. Please pick me as BEST ANSWER? Yes?



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

When my hair started breaking off really bad i started getting sew in weaves. My hair started growing back fast and it thickened up. I keep the weaves in at least a couple of mnths at a time and just keep my scalp conditioned and greased. I think the cut backs in perms plays a big role in it too.



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

Okay, firstly you called for black women.



I'm only half, but as my Mum owns an Afro-Caribbean hair and beauty store, and i have black acquaintances, and i go to black hairdressers, I'm answering anyway =]



Perming hair is bound to take it's toll on your hair, because using chemicals is dangerous on any hair, but with Afro hair it's particularly risky.



I would say, trim the split ends, and make sure you moisturise your hair appropriately.



If you feel you want something to help bring back the length of your hair, I'd recommend hair extensions [braids], keep them in for a month [or however long feels comfortable], then remove them, wash your hair, and let it breathe for a week, then put the extensions back in.



Most of my black acquaintances put extensions in their hair to help it grow, and it does work.



If you don't want to do that, then at least trim the split ends, and moisturise your hair.



I hope that helped.



RQ x



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

Is your hair breaking off due to someone over-processing it? Is it because you've been going too long between touch-ups or are you just failing to keep it moisturized? With a perm, there's lots of reasons why it could be breaking off. A weave isn't going to save your hair if it's been over-processed--your hair is through, you might as well cut it off and start over. If you have to go that route a weave will give you length while your hair grows back. If you're waiting too long between touch-ups, stop doing that. If your hair is just dry, I'd recommend Dove Reviving Mask Advanced Color Care. I got this tip from Essence magazine. Anything that's for color-treated hair is good for relaxed hair because both processes really dry hair out. Oil your scalp and brush it through your hair from root to tip. Drink more water. These are all short-term fixes. Ultimately, I'd say you should go natural. It's hard to keep up a relaxer and keep your hair in good shape in college, especially if your school isn't in an urban area.



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

you might want to get your ends cut and a weave wil just sit in ur hair and depending on ur hair it might not stay in as long as u want it too dont get a weave not everyones hair is the same and u have long hair all ready you get split ends because of the way u comb out u hair how you dry and style it you shouldt dry ur hair or run a comb through it all the time the more dry ur hair is and the more u brush and comb it the more it will breck off try to keep ur hair moisturized



Ugh, bad hair -- black women, help!?

I have long hair and recently my hair has began breaking off because i wasn't able to get to the salon {broke my leg =( } but my stylist told me to take vitamins like a one a day womens vitamin or even prenatal vitamins because they work from the inside helping to regrow your hair . I wouldn't suggest that you get braids or a weave because they make the hair thinner because it's so much stress on the hair. I suggest that you look around for a stylist that specializes in healthy hair or you could even get some supplies from your local beauty supply store and take it with when you get your hair done. My hair use to be very short and now it is past my shoulders I use very little heat in my hair (curling irons, flat irons, blow drying etc...) i get my ends clipped every 6 weeks when i get a touch up and my stylist uses very good products like mizani and design essentials. I will post their websites below because on mizani's website you can locate a stylist in your area that uses their products. I think if you have to get your hair cut get a nice style but dont get braids or a weave they'll just make the situation worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment